Search This Blog

Saturday 23 August 2014

What's on my (Friend's) Face No. 2

What's on my (Friend's) Face No. 2 

Follow me on Bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11555387
Instagram: http://instagram.com/aliceoliviablog

Hi all! As promised, another "What's on my (Friend's) Face" post today - these seem to be so popular with you all, and I absolutely love doing them. Last month I did my friend Bridget's makeup, to see that click HERE.

This month I did one of my best friend's Nathalie's makeup - she is absolutely gorgeous, and her eye lashes are so god damn long and thick! Since last month's makeup was a little lighter and more natural, I decided to go a bit crazy with Nat's makeup (and she was very willing to as well!). I love how it turned out - the bronze smokey eye and the bright orange lips look amazing, especially on her. 


I decided to do a really shimmery smokey bronze eye look - it looked amazing on her eyes, and she pulled it off so well! I kept it pretty smokey and "messy" - I made sure there were no clean crisp lines, and everything was blended out nicely, The key when doing a eye makeup look like this is to layer and blend, layer and blend. I focused most of the darkness on her outer v and her lash line, and also put quite a bit on her lower lash line to balance the heaviness on the top. 

I was originally going to do a nude lipstick since the eye makeup was heavy and smokey - however Nat insisted on this orange lipstick and after much hesitation, I actually love it! It looks amazing on her, and goes well with all the bronze on the eyes. 



Products used:

Revlon Colourstay Foundation in True Beige  mixed with Rimmel Wake Me up Foundation in Soft Beige

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer 

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder
Wet N Wild Blush in Perlesent Pink
Sax Eyebrow Kit
Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Bad To The Bronze
Urban Decay Naked Palette - eye shadows in Smog (all over the lid and blended into lower lash line), Darkhorse (outer v) and Virgin (inner corners)
Maybelline Gel Liner in Black (smudged into outer upper lash line)
Maybelline Colossal Mascara with Maybelline Great Lash on top
Wet N Wild lipstick in 24 Carrot Gold  (A really good dupe for Macs Moronge lipstick if you are looking for one on a budget)


Thank you Nat for being an amazing model and an amazing friend, you are so gorgeous and lovely and amazing! I wish I was so good at taking pictures as you are, your honestly a natural in front of the camera, and thanks for letting me go crazy on your makeup. I'm so fortunate to have such willing, beautiful friends :) 

Soon I will be doing a final room tour so look forward to that, and if you have a blog of your own, let me know in the comments and I will make sure to check it out. Love you all! 

Alice xxx

Follow me on Bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11555387
Instagram: http://instagram.com/aliceoliviablog

No comments:

Post a Comment