Search This Blog

Saturday 17 May 2014

Delicious Apple Crumble Recipe

Delicious Apple Crumble Recipe

Follow me on Bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11555387

Hi all! I hope you are having a fantastic week so far. Today's another baking post-  my previous one was super popular (if you haven't seen that blog post, I teach you how to make delicious chocolate puddings - you can click HERE to see that), so I thought I'd share with you another one of my favorite desserts. 

Apple crumble is a classic dessert, there's so many different recipes and toppings out there, but this is my favorite. This recipe is my mum's, it's honestly so delicious, and you can modify it to how you like (less spices, different fruit, etc...). It's super simple, and it's one of those meals with takes zero time to prepare, and you can just chuck it in the oven and that's that. Enjoy! 



For the apple filling you will need:

5-6 apples (I use Granny Smith apples)
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
extra butter for greasing

For crumble you will need:

1 cup flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp mixed spice
1 1/2 cups sugar
170 grams butter 
1 cup rolled oats












Grease your dish with a generous amount of butter. Preheat the over to 
180 degrees Celsius




Peel and chop apples into bite sized pieces, and add the brown sugar and cinnamon and stir. Set aside.


In a food processor, blitz your butter, sugar, mixed spice, and cinnamon until it resembles a bread crumb texture. I had blitzed mine a little too long, so it started gathering into pieces, but in a way that's actually quite delicious!






Remove from processor and put into a bowl, add oats and stir.







Pour apples into the greased dish, and then crumble on top. You can make the top of the crumble smooth if you like, however I like mine more rustic and "homely". Place in the oven and bake for 40-55 minutes - when the top is golden brown and the apples are soft when you push a skewer through them it's ready to take out of the oven. 











And Tada! I hope you enjoyed this blog post - I really encourage you to try this recipe, it is so delicious and yummy, especially with ice cream or whipped cream. Let me know if you try it out, or your going to try it out, and make sure to leave any future blog requests in the comments. If you have a blog of you own, please let me know in the comments as well, as I'm always looking for new blogs to read. Love you all! 


Alice xx

Follow me on Bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11555387

No comments:

Post a Comment