Search This Blog

Sunday 25 May 2014

NYX Butter Gloss Review & Swatches

NYX Butter Gloss Review & Swatches 

Follow me on Bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11555387


Hi all, I hope you are having a fantastic week! Today's blog post is about my absolute favorite lip glosses of the moment - the butter glosses by NXY. They are super affordable, and come in a range of gorgeous shades. 

These glosses are creamy, opaque (but not too opaque that it looks over powering!) and reasonably long lasting. They are easy to sheer out, or layer. I have provided swatches both on my wrist and on my lips for all three colors. I buy mine off BeautyJoint (I buy a lot of "drugstore" makeup brands from here), which ships world wide and has an affordable shipping fee. 

All swatches are the lip gloss alone, with no lipstick underneath (however I do suggest different lipsticks to wear under for some of the glosses - but they are all beautiful by themselves!).

Left to right: Tiramisu, Eclair, Peaches & Cream


Swatches left to right: Tiramisu, Peaches & Cream, Eclair



Do not be put off by how brown Tiramisu looks in the tube, it's absolutely gorgeous on the lips! This is my all time favorite nude lip gloss, because it's more of a peachy, brown nude, rather than a pink nude. This is gorgeous under Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Nude Delight.


Peaches & Cream is a beautiful, bright peachy (hence the name!), coral color. The reason I love this gloss so much, is that it is so wearable, easy to sheer out, or even wear over a lipstick (Wetnwild's Pinkerbell is fantastic - a little drying, but with a balm underneath it's fine). 


Eclair is a gorgeous, light pink gloss with a slight purple undertone. I tend to wear this gloss by itself, and it's especially beautiful with champagne eye shadow.


I hope you enjoyed this blog post, and if you would like to see more of these 
review-type blog posts, please let me know. Like always, if you have a blog of your own please leave it in the comments below, as well as any thoughts and future blog posts requests. Love you all!

Alice xx


Follow me on Bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11555387

No comments:

Post a Comment