Search This Blog

Thursday 7 August 2014

July Favorites

July Favorites


Follow me on Bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11555387


Hi lovelies, I hope you are having a great week. It is sadly the end of my favorite month, July. So as usual I am going to share with you my favorite beauty products of the month - and a few extra bits.





Simple Kind To Skin Moisturising Facial Wash

I've been loving using this cleanser in the morning before moisturizer - it doesn't dry my skin out, and it still leaves me with soft, clean skin. I also love how it goes into a creamy lather, therefore I only need a small amount. 


Real Techniques Makeup Brushes

I had been lacking in any good makeup brushes; like most people I had collected the odd $2 one here or there. I finally bit the bullet and decided to invest in some good quality brushes - and I can see a noticeable difference. 


Some of my favorite brushes:

RT Buffing Brush (I like to use this brush to blend my concealer and foundation)

RT Contour Brush (for contouring of course, and to apply powder precisely under my eyes and on my T zone etc)
RT Delux Crease Brush (instead of using this for my crease, I've been using this to blend concealer under my eyes and around my nose. I also love to blend cream eye shadows with this brush)
RT Base Shadow Brush (I use this to apply a wash of color on my lids or to blend eye shadows out or apply shadow to the crease)


Rimmel Stay Matte BB Cream
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer

This has been my go- to face combination of the month. I had always been hesitant of BB creams - primarily because I didn't want that greasy, sticky, "sunscreen" look. However when I saw this "matte" BB cream from Rimmel, I snatched it up immediately and have been loving it. It is also a thin consistency which means two things - it can be a little messy, but its super light on your skin.

I have been loving mixing this concealer with my Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer for under my eyes. It's one shade lighter than my actual skin tone, so it highlights and conceals my dark under eye bags.


NYC "Sunny" Bronzing Powder

I have been loving this bronzer for contouring my cheek bones, but also blending it into my crease. It may sound weird, but if you think of it a bronzer is essentially a matte brown powder. This color is not orange at all, but still isn't too ashy. 


Sleek "Au Natural" Eye Shadow Palette

I have been loving this eye shadow palette by Sleek, particularity for its variety of light and dark matte shades. The shadows are rich and pigmented, and there is no fall out (which I find I have when I use the Urban Decay Naked Palette). It has a fantastic variety of light and dark shades, matte and shimmers, so if you are wanting an eye shadow palette for a good price this one's a winner.





Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Liner

This is my first felt tip liquid liner I've ever used, and I don't know why I haven't discovered these earlier! This liner is so easy to apply, and it lasts all day which means no messy touch ups. I also love how it drys to a semi matte finish, and you can make the line thicker or thinner depending on the pressure you apply.



I hope you enjoyed having a wee nosy into the products I have been loving, and if you have a blog of your own let me know in the comments and I will check it out!

Alice xx

Follow me on Bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11555387
My Instagram: http://instagram.com/aliceoliviablog

No comments:

Post a Comment