Search This Blog

Thursday 23 January 2014

Best chocolate puddings ever!

Follow me on bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11555387/aliceolivia

Hi lovelies! Today's blog post is not a fashion or beauty post, but a cooking one! I love food, especially baking :) 

As you guys get to know me a little more, you will soon discover that I am the world's biggest chocoholic, to the point where I have an unhealthy obsession with this life changing food. Food is a huge part of my life, just like makeup and fashion, so today I am here to share with you one of the world's greatest chocolate recipes, that will CHANGE YOUR LIFE. 


This recipe is by Laura Calder - she calls it Moelleuz au Chocolat; others call it Chocolate Lava Cake, I just call it Chocolate Puddings. This recipe is truly fantastic and I feel like if I did not share this with you, I haven't lived to my fullest potential. This recipe can be cooked straight after making it, or you can refrigerate the batter in the ramekins, and cook them when you are ready to. 


They are so easy and fast to make, but they look stunning and are very satisfying. 





Ingredients:
  • 2/3 cup butter, plus more for greasing
  • 4 ounces (115 grams) of dark chocolate - I used Whittakers 72% cocoa Dark Ghana chocolate
  • 4 eggs
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup flour
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius)

Grease 5 - 6 ramekins with butter (this recipe will make 5 larger puddings, or 6 smaller puddings). I usually skip this next step, but if you are wanting to remove the puddings from their molds when you serve them,  line the bottom of each ramekin with baking paper.

In a double boiler, melt your chocolate and butter, stirring frequently.

Once the chocolate and butter has completely melted, and looks extremely tempting to eat, remove from double boiler.


In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and sugar together to a thick pale ribbon like consistency.

After the sugar and egg is combined,whisk in the flour well. The mixture should look thick and pale.


Then, whisk in the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture , making sure to whisk constantly until combined. I recommend resting the bowl on a tea towel or cloth, as the bowl can slide around, and you have no free hands to hold it!



Pour the combined mixture into the greased ramekins, leaving a small space at the top.


I then like to place mine on a tray, as it makes it easier to put into and pull out of the oven. 

However, if you don't want to cook them right away, you can simply put some plastic wrap over the top of the tray,  leave them in the fridge, and cook them later when you want to. 

Place in the oven and cook for 12-14 minutes, until the top is set.




Yum! After baking them, you can remove your puddings from the ramekins onto the dish you want to serve them on, but I don't, since I feel its unnecessary, and it's just added difficulty. 

I like to have mine with whipped cream, but ice cream works well or they are still delicious just by themselves.


The center is so gooey and delicious, I am literally salivating writing this! 

There you go! I hope you enjoyed this post, and I really do recommend trying this recipe out yourself, it is incredible! Make sure you leave a comment below telling me what you think, and leave any future blog post requests down below. If you have a blog of your own, let me know, so I can reply to all of you and check out those with a blog! If you haven't followed me on bloglovin yet, here is the link: http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11555387/aliceolivia
Love you all!
Alice xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment