Search This Blog

Tuesday 15 July 2014

My Birthday Wish List

My Birthday Wish List


Follow me on Bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11555387




Hi lovelies! So on Friday it's a very exiting day for me... It's my brother's (yes, I am in fact a fraternal twin... shocking haha) and my birthday! Is it still lame to get super exited for your birthday even though I'm a teenager? I must not be the only one that still wakes up eagerly at 5am, dragging my family and my slightly less exited twin brother out of their beds, insisting on having a birthday cake breakfast. Some things never change...


I thought I'd share with you some of the things on my birthday wish list. Usually I get some money and a card on my birthday, because I can then save some, and spend some on the things I desperately want. This isn't essentially a birthday wish list - think of it more as a list of products I would like to try out in the future.

I'm not sure about you, but throughout the year I will be desperate to buy that silky blouse, that urban decay palate, those stunning heels... but when my birthday comes around I seem to have an immediate brain fart, and I have absolutely no idea what I want. This is why I keep an ongoing list. So when my birthday rolls around I have some idea of things I would like, or if I want to treat myself to something special, I can refer back to my list. However a lot of the time I find that items I put on my list 6 months ago, I might not even want anymore. Clever way to save money girls!

  • Real Techniques Makeup Brushes - I have been desperate to get a hold of these brushes for the longest time. I may have sneakily bought some of BeautyJoint a few days ago... shhhh ;)
  • Sleek Makeup - this was my little treat to myself. I really wanted to try some of their products, so I ended up purchasing an eye shadow palette and a blush trio off makeup.co.nz. I've already hauled them and written a small review in a separate blog post, if you would like to see that, click HERE.
  • Makeup Geek Eye Shadows - I am a total eye shadow junkie, and I love experimenting with different brands, colors, and finishes. I have heard so much about the brand created by you tuber Marlena, and they are meant to be fantastic dupes for mac eye shadows (in fact, most of the people who have actually tried the eye shadows insist that they are better than mac ones). Hopefully if I get some birthday money, I might purchase a few off the website to try. 
  • Macadamia Deep Repair Masque - as a fellow dry, frizzy hair citizen, I feel I could really benefit from a hair masque. 
  • Things for my room - some of you may know that I am already redecorating my bedroom, and I have begun to pick up the odd few pieces here and there. 

You might be wondering, Alice, why are there no clothes and shoes on your list? That's because usually when I'm shopping I will find something in that moment, and then buy it if I really love it. There's nothing I desperately want, but usually when I'm out and I have cash to spend or a vague plan in mind of what I would like to get (maybe its a fluffy jumper or a little playsuit), I might pick something up. 

Most importantly, I really want to emphasize that birthdays, Christmas, and any other celebrations, are not about what you receive - birthdays are a celebration of one's birth (hence the name BIRTHday) - which is a pretty special thing and can be forgotten in the excitement of receiving presents and cake. They are most importantly about spending time with your loved ones and celebrating these important moments in time. I will absolutely not get all of these things - I may not get any, and that's okay. But one thing I do know is that on my birthday I will have a lovely cake (most likely backed by moi), a card, and my family and friends, as well as my twin-partner-in-crime to celebrate it with. I feel like it's so easy to forget what birthdays are actually about - its a celebration of your birth, it symbolizes love and most importantly family. 

Try to remember all the things that your parents have done for you over the years - they have fed you, clothed you, took you to ballet class, endured your "pre-teen tantrums", so please be thankful for what you have and try to remember that these materialistic items - yes they may be nice - but what's most important is family. A Real Techniques makeup brush you really want wont matter when you're 40, but family will matter. 

Alice xxx
Follow me on Bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11555387

No comments:

Post a Comment