Search This Blog

Tuesday 28 October 2014

Delicious Afghan Biscuits

Delicious Afghan Biscuits

Follow me on Bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11555387
Follow me on Instagram: http://instagram.com/aliceoliviablog

Hi all! I hope you are having a fantastic week so far. Another baking post, as you seem to really enjoy them! Today I am sharing with you my favorite recipe for afghans - they are super simple, quick and delicious, and what's even better is they require only a handful of basic ingredients. This recipe is from the Edmond's cookbook, and I have been using it for years now because it has not once let me down. 


Ingredients:
200 grams butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup cocoa
2 cups cornflakes of your choice
chocolate icing (I made mine by mixing icing sugar with 2 table spoons of cocoa, a teaspoon of butter and boiling water)
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Cream butter, sugar, and essence well until mixture turns pale and creamy.

Add sifted flour and cocoa and mix well until combined. Don't worry if you feel the mixture is too crumbly - that's just how it is. 

Once the flour and cocoa are combined, add cornflakes and stir gently. Some people prefer to have the cornflakes more crushed up, however it is all personal preference. 

Roll into small balls (slightly smaller than a golf ball) and spread onto a backing sheet. You can make the cookies as large or small as you would like - the original recipe says it makes around 22 small cookies however I made mine a little larger (since the larger the cookie - the better, right?). Cook for 15-20 minutes, and allow to cool mostly on the tray before transferring to a cooling tray. Don't try and handle the cookies when they come straight out of the oven as they will be too soft and crumbly. 


I iced mine with a simple chocolate icing, however the world is your pickle. I decorated mine with spiders since Halloween is coming up and I felt they made them look a little more spooky. Now lastly, but most importantly, eat!
Follow me on Bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11555387
Follow me on Instagram: http://instagram.com/aliceoliviablog

No comments:

Post a Comment